Sunday, January 1, 2012

Retro Dating. Well sort of.

Day 2 and what could be more exciting than blogging about books that I am currently reading?! Hold that yawn...I'm going to make this apply. Somehow.

Nathan and I are approaching 8 years together since we first started dating. When we were first getting to know each other we would read books together and discuss them. First was Life of Pi and then You Shall Know our Velocity. Oh we were very intellectual. Now that we have made our way through the seven-year-itch mark, without a single hive I should add, I thought we could resurrect some old traditions. So we have selected our first book choice in several years and it is......What is the What. It's another Dave Eggers selection, and I'm excited to visit this path again with Nathan.

Not that I'm totally ashamed to admit that I'm reading the following, but I do confess this with some reluctance: I am also halfway through The Happiness Project. I sort of love it and am flying through the pages. Guilty pleasure statement #1: I enjoy the self-help genre. It gives me the "things are gonna change, I can feel it" feeling.

Finally the most important and least read would be any of my 5 nursing textbooks. I have read about pleural effusion. That's it!

Happy reading everyone else!

yours,
Tiffany

2 comments:

  1. I heard about this book on NPR and was intrigued. Let me know what you think and if its life changing. I love those perspective altering, empathy inducing, life changers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course! I read the first chapter of What is the What and kept thinking about it all night. I'm hooked. I've read some similar books like Beasts of No Nation and this book seems more appealing immediately.

    ReplyDelete